The following resources are from NLM, NNLM, and All of Us that can be used by subawardees and partner libraries to engage with your community about digital literacy, health literacy, and the NIH All of Us Research Program.
Need a resource not on this page? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Creating your own resources
Organizations are welcome to use and adapt any of the following resources to meet the digital and health literacy needs of their community. Any use of these resources should be properly cited.
In accordance with NLM’s Logo Policy, you may not use the NIH, NLM, NNLM, or All of Us logos on any created materials. This policy applies to grantees, vendors, and contractors, regardless of whether the organization is commercial or non-profit.”
For any published, original materials created using NNLM All of Us funds should include the following funding statement:
This award is supported by funds from the National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health under cooperative agreement number UG4LM013729 at the University of Iowa, Hardin Library for the Health Sciences. The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the National Institutes of Health.
Programming during COVID-19
NNLM COVID-19 webinar playlist: NNLM webinar recordings on a variety of COVID-19 topics. Several webinars include how to conduce outreach and programs to various audiences during the pandemic.
Digital and Health Literacy Activities
Teaching basic digital or health literacy skills in your community? Use and adapt our learning activities for your programs! See more activities on our Health Activities page.
- Learn Internet Skills: Short learning modules on how to get a free email address, avoid phishing scams, and finding reliable health information online. In English and Spanish
- How to Judge a Health Claim: Heard about the latest “miracle cure” on the news? Use these activities to learn how to effectively judge health claims and build health literacy skills.
- Digital Health Literacy Curriculum: Presentation slides, script, and handouts about how to use the Internet to find reliable, accurate health information.
- COVID-19 Memory Game: Play an online matching game about health and COVID-19, co-created with the National Alliance for Hispanic Health. In English and Spanish.
MedlinePlus is NLM’s free consumer health database. Share articles, videos, and more about health topics of interest in your community. This is a great resource to highlight on your organization’s website, social media, and during programs. There is also a MedlinePlus magazine in English and Spanish.
- Easy to Read Health Information: Find links to health information that are easier to read, understand, and use.
- Medical Encyclopedia: A.D.A.M. Medical Encyclopedia includes over 4,000 articles about diseases, tests, symptoms, injuries, and surgeries.
- Drugs, Herbs, and Supplements: Database with information on usage, side effects, precautions, and drug interactions of medical drugs, herbs, and supplements.
- Videos and Tools: Videos, tutorials, and other tools related to health conditions and treatments.
- Health Articles in Multiple Languages: Suggested NIH resources with health information arranged by language.
- Help Me Understand Genetics: An introduction to fundamental topics related to human genetics, including illustrations and basic explanation of genetics concepts.
- Documentos de lectura fácil (Easy-to-Read Information)
- Enciclopedia médica (Medical Encyclopedia): La Enciclopedia Ilustrada de Salud (Health Illustrated Encyclopedia) de A.D.A.M. incluye más de 4.000 artículos acerca de enfermedades, exámenes, síntomas, lesiones y procedimientos quirúrgicos
- Medicina, hierbas, y suplementos (Drugs, Herbs, and Supplements): Hojee información sobre suplementos dietarios y hierbas para aprender sobre su efectividad, dosis e interacciones con otras medicinas.
- Videos y multimedia (Videos and multimedia): Vea videos de temas de salud como anatomía y procedimientos quirúrgicos. Desafíe su conocimiento con los tutoriales interactivos y juegos. Controle su salud usando calculadoras y cuestionarios.
- Cómo entender la genética: Una introducción a temas fundamentales sobre la genética humana, incluyendo ilustraciones y explicaciones básicas de conceptos de genética.
Print and Social Media
- MedlinePlus Brochures (English and Spanish)
- Social Media Toolkit
- MedlinePlus Presentation Slides – for any public presentations
- MedlinePlus Digital Display Slides – for any digital displays, tvs, promotion in your community
All of Us Resources
Use these resources to build awareness about the All of Us Research Program in your community. These resources can be used actively in your programs and passively as handouts or social media posts.
- All of Us website (English): JoinAllofUs.org/nlm
- All of Us website (Spanish): JoinAllofUs.org/bnm
- All of Us Virus and Vaccines website: virusinfo.joinallofus.org
- Easy to use, informative website about the biology of viruses and how vaccines can help stop the spread of different viruses.
These short videos about All of Us can be shared online or during events. They are an easy-to-use way to bring awareness of the program to your community.
- What is All of Us? (1:55)
- All of Us Anthem (0:15)
- All of Us PSA (0:30)
- What is Precision Medicine? (1:45)
- "Be Heard" All of Us PSA (ENG, 0:15)
- "Be Heard" All of Us PSA (SPA, 0:18)
- "Generations" All of Us PSA (ENG, 0:35)
- "Generations" All of Us PSA (SPA, 0:39)
- "All of Us Anthem PSA" (ENG, 0:30)
- "All of Us Anthem PSA" (SPA, 0:30)
- Participant Testimonial: Lowellyn (ENG, 1:11)
- Participant Testimonial: Qianya (ENG, 0:59)
Interested in having All of Us present at a future program? You can request a Virtual Ambassador to give an online presentation about the program and how to participate. Contact your NNLM All of Us Award Liaison or email us at email@example.com for more information about guest speakers.
- All of Us Presentation Slides – for any public presentations
- All of Us Digital Display Slides – for any digital displays, tvs, promotion in your community
Print and use these materials for events, display, or program activities. Materials are available in English, with some also available in Spanish and other languages.
- Bookmark (PDF, 647 KB) - Cartoon person, purple back
- Bookmark 2 (PDF, 170 KB) - Cartoon park scene, blue back
- Bookmark 3 (PDF, 759 KB) - Images of people, orange back
- Poster (18”x24”, PDF)– English (4.6 MB) and Spanish (4.8 MB)
- Tri-fold Brochures (PDF)– English (4.6 MB) and Spanish (780 KB)
- General Flyer (PDF, 1.1 MB)
- Program FAQ Flyer (PDF, 734 KB)
- Infographic Flyers
- Genomics 101 Activities
- All of Us 101 Activities
- Loteria game (PDF, 7.2 MB): Bilingual English and Spanish BINGO/La Loteria game, from the National Alliance for Hispanic Health, focused on COVID-19 education for kids and families
Want to learn more about how to use NLM resources and support your community’s health literacy needs? Check out NNLM’s free trainings – all you need is a free account to enroll. Suggested courses include:
- Introduction to Health Reference: Learn how to conduct a health reference interview using ethical and effective communication strategies in this 4 credit-hour, on-demand, online class.
- MedlinePlus Tutorial: This interactive, narrated tutorial provides a tour of the MedlinePlus website and explains why MedlinePlus is a trusted reference when answering health information questions.
- Consumer Health Collection Development: This 4 credit-hour, on-demand class reviews collection management principles and resources for health-related collections in public libraries.
- Health literacy on demand: This basic course introduces health literacy and relevant resources.
Social Media Accounts
Follow and share posts from our social media accounts to share health information and All of Us.