Conversations on Health and Virtual Engagement with NNLM
The Network of the National Library of Medicine (NNLM) All of Us National Program is pleased to offer funding for up to twenty-five (25) public library workers to attend the Public Library Association (PLA) Conference taking place in Portland, Oregon March 23-25, 2022.
Funding is available to those attending the PLA Conference in-person or virtually. Funding will be provided directly to the individuals as a cost-reimbursement and can be used for: PLA Registration (virtual or in-person) and travel, lodging, and dining (per diem).
Professional development award recipients will have the opportunity to engage in a roundtable discussion on topics of health and wellness programs and online health engagement. Recipients will also have an opportunity to learn more about health information resources from the National Library of Medicine and the All of Us Research Program (All of Us), a program of the National Institutes of Health.
This award is supported by funds from the National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health under cooperative agreement number UG4 LM012346-05S1 at the University of Iowa, Hardin Library for the Health Sciences.
Amount: Up to $3,000
Number of Awards Available: Up to 25
Application Deadline: End of Day, March 4th
Applicants will be notified of a decision by March 9th
Successful award recipients will be expected to meet the following requirements:
- Before the conference: Complete a brief, asynchronous online course to learn about NNLM, All of Us, and health information resources (30 - 45 minutes)
- During the conference: Participate in a NNLM Roundtable (in-person or virtual) session to meet award cohort members and to discuss virtual health programs and online engagement around various health topics. (60 – 90 minutes)
- After the conference: Submit a complete invoice to receive reimbursement funds. Complete NNLM evaluation surveys no later than two (2) weeks after the conference.
Eligible applicants must be:
- Currently working in public libraries, particularly in a community-facing role .
- Currently working in a public library that serves community populations that are Underrepresented in Biomedical Research (UBR).
- Based in the United States and/or U.S. Territories.
- This award is open to all, but priority will be given to applicants in the following states: Colorado, Idaho, Oregon, Washington
- We strongly encourage first-time NNLM award applicants to apply.
- Applicants who have already registered for PLA 2022 are eligible for this award.
More questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Travel and Reimbursement FAQ
How will I receive funding?
Award recipients will receive reimbursement for costs related to attending the PLA Conference 2022. After PLA, recipients will submit invoices and receipts to NNLM for reimbursement.
What can be reimbursed?
Award recipients attending the in-person PLA Conference in Portland are eligible to receive reimbursement for related costs of attending the conference including registration, travel to and from conference location, lodging, and daily meals and incidentals.
Award recipients attending the virtual PLA Conference are eligible to receive reimbursement for conference registration.
How much can I be reimbursed?
STATE DESTINATION COUNTY FROM TO LODGING Meals and Incidentals OR Portland Multnomah 11/1/2021 5/31/2022 152.00 74.00
What if I am attending virtually?
Registration reimbursement is available for those who wish to attend the virtual PLA Conference 2022.
What if I already registered for the conference? What if I’ve already reserved travel and/or lodging?
Individuals who have already registered for the conference, reserved travel, and/or reserved lodging are still eligible for this award. Please keep all original receipts and invoices to be submitted to NNLM after the conference and you will be reimbursed up to the already-determined reimbursement rates.
More questions? Email us at email@example.com